Ariadne is an Open Source, Multilingual Web Application Server and Content Management System built on PHP. Ariadne has a rich user interface which includes wizards, pulldown menus, and an extremely flexible and easy to use WYSIWYG editor.
Ariadne has been used for anything from a personal website to an enterprise portal with more than a million pages of content. It can be used as a very friendly CMS, with almost no knowledge about CMS systems or HTML required, or a full featured enterprise portal with editorial workflow, staging, branding, etc.
Getting started quickly
- First download the package, either for a windows or a unix server.
- Read the installation instructions and install Ariadne
- Go read the howto's, starting with the basic concepts and starting a new site
- Start playing around
- Keep the programmers reference handy, specifically the classes and pobject section, and perhaps take a look at the architecture section.
- If you have questions, try to see if your question has been asked and answered before, but don't hesitate to ask them on the ariadne-general forum, mailing list or newsgroup if you can't find it.