Installation on UNIX-like systems
Linux/Unix: Apache, MySQL and PostgreSQL configuration data.
Need to add the PostgreSQL stuff.
- Apache 1.3.12 or up
- PHP4, not running in safe mode
- MySQL (a PostgreSQL store is also available, but takes some more steps to install. Instructions on this will appear here shortly.)
- untar the Ariadne distribution. (since you're reading this, I guess that's already taken care off...)
- move the www, lib and files directories to their
proper place. Preferably you don't want the lib and files directories under
the document root. e.g.:
cd /usr/local/lib/ tar xvzf ~/ariadne.2.0b10.tgz cd /var/www ln -s /usr/local/lib/ariadne.2.0b10/www/ ariadne
- Make sure the files directory and the sessions
directory are writable by the webserver user. Ariadne needs to write cache
images and templates and other files to disk. So check to see which user your
webserver is running as (look in httpd.conf) and (as root) do something like:
cd /usr/local/lib/ariadne.2.0b10/files/ chown -R www-data:www-data * cd /usr/local/lib/ariadne.2.0b10/sessions/ chown -R www-data:www-data *
- create a database for Ariadne to use in MySQL. With
MySQL do something like:
mysqladmin create ariadne mysqladmin create ariadne_sessions
- copy the files ariadne.phtml-dist, store.phtml-dist and sessions.phtml-dist in lib/configs to ariadne.phtml, store.phtml and sessions.phtml respectively and edit them to match your system. You need to at least enter your host name and check all paths.
- copy the file www/ariadne.inc-dist to www/ariadne.inc and edit it to reflect the includepath to the Ariadne lib directory.
- run the file www/install/install.php. You can do this from the browser or, if you have the cgi version of php installed, from the command line.
- point your webbrowser to your installed Ariadne url. You'll be asked for a username and password. Use username 'admin' and password 'muze'. If everything is installed properly you should now see an explorer like interface with 'Administrator' in the top left corner.
- If everything works ok click on 'Administrator', then on 'edit' in the newly appeared tabdisplay on the right. Now change the administrator password. You will immediately be asked for authorization again.
- move the directory www/install and all it's contents somewhere safe,
meaning _not_ in your webserver's documentroot.
****IMPORTANT**** We've added a guest user in the ariadne database since release 2.0b7. It has login 'guest' and password 'guest'. You should change the password immediately after installation, or remove the user. It is there only as an example.
- Make sure you have the magic_quotes_gpc setting set to 'Off' and track_vars to 'On'
- Schedule the cleanup script (bin/cleanup) to run daily. It removes expired session data.
Now move on to the >platform independent post-installation steps .